2012 Summer Camp Film Festival
Sponsored by Ultimate Camp Resource and Summergy Media
Videos are a fun and easy way to generate excitement for your summer camp. They are easy to share, fun to watch, and create a buzz amongst your campers that is hard to match! Ultimate Camp Resource is proud to host the 2nd Annual Summer Camp Film Festival to showcase your creativity and your camp program. We are excited to partner with Summergy Media, the camp industry's leading production company specializing in promotional videos for summer camps.
Our goal for the contest is to have fun (of course!), teach you valuable skills about basic video production, and encourage you to take part in this important, relevant marketing tool.
2012 Theme: Retention
Camp folks are invited to create and submit a summer camp video related to the theme of "Retention" - videos designed to get current campers and families excited about returning to camp. Here are some of last year's videos:
- Tales of Camp Gideon- Our 2011 Winner!
- Why Camp is an Amazing Experience- From Camp Green Acres - 2nd Place in 2011
- 2011 Camp Sloper Themes - the 3rd Place Finalist from 2011.
- Find your Super Power - Camp Kupugani
A panel of celebrity judges from the camping world will review all submissions and judge them on the following criteria:
- 50% - Overall effectiveness - is it funny, engaging, interesting or otherwise build excitement?
- 25% - Technical quality - sound, lighting, editing
- 25% - # page views (you can help spread the word)
- Entries must be received between May 1 - June 15.
- Entries must be produced by camp staff, not professionals. That wouldn’t be fair...
- The videos should make viewers laugh, cry, or get pumped up for camp!
- You can enter up to three films per camp.
- Videos should be shorter than 3 minutes in length.
- Videos MUST be uploaded according to the instructions described.
- Videos must be CA (Camp Appropriate).
- You can enter an existing video for the 2012 season, but you must freshly upload according to our instructions so existing page views aren't counted.
How to enter the Contest:
1. Upload your video to YouTube with the following information in the appropriate fields:
- Title: A creative name for your video with your camp’s name in it.
- Description: A description of your choice about your exciting video with “Submitted to the 2012 Summer Camp Film Festival sponsored by Ultimate Camp Resource and Summergy Media” at the end.
- Tags: Your Camp Name, 2012 Summer Camp Film Festival
- Category: Entertainment
2. Send us the link to your video. We will post it on Ultimate Camp Resource and our Facebook Pages.
3. Tell your friends, campers, families to view your video, and make comments.
Want to make a better video?
Check out these help articles first: