Congratulations Camp Gideon - this year's 1st Place winner!
We had ten submissions in this year's contest, which were judged by the following celebrity judges from the camping world:
- Charles Disney and John Altobello, from Summergy Media, a production company specializing in promotional videos for summer camps.
- Gary Forster, from Gary Forster Camp Solutions, a camp consultant who works with youth camp and retreat center leaders to help them fill their camps by making them remarkable!
- Shane Miskin, one of the principals at CampBrain, which provides outstanding camp software, professional online registration for camps and a uniquely personal and caring level of support to hundreds of camps and conference and retreat centers.
- Joanna Warren Smith, President of Camp Consulting Services, which works with not-for-profit and private summer and year-round operations in program design, camper acquisition and retention plus product evaluation, marketing, operations, customer service and long-range planning.
- Travis Allison, founder of CampHacker.org and Walking Maverick, a camp consultant who specializes in social media marketing.
- Mike D'Avria, co-founder, CampLeadership.org, an idea sharing resource for camp professionals.
- Curt "Moose" Jackson, founder of SummerCampProgramDirector.com and other youth and recreation focused blogs.
The top three videos were:
1st Place: Camp Gideon: 2011 Promotional Video
2nd Place: Camp Green Acres: Why Camp is an Amazing Experience
3rd Place: YMCA Camp Sloper: 2011 Themes
Super special thanks goes to Summergy Media, our Festival Sponsor, for their insight and support and for providing a great grand prize - a Kodak PlaySport HD camera.
Here's this year's winning video!
Here are the scores for all of the videos. We will be posting judges feedback on each video shortly.
|Camp Video||Effectiveness (50%)||Technical (25%)||Total Score|
|Camp Gideon: 2011 Promo||26||27.5||28.625|
|Camp Green Acres: Why Camp is an amazing Experience||25||23.5||23.625|
|YMCA Camp Sloper: 2011 Themes||23.5||23||21|
|Camp Ingersoll: 2011 Themes||16.5||17.5||19.625|
|Camp Jewell: 2011 Themes||21||21.5||19.375|
|Camp Kupugani: No Unhappy Campers||23||24||19.25|
|Stony Brook Acres: Color Wars||18||25||18.75|
|T Bar M Camp: Mission Impossible||15.5||32||17.5|
|Camp Kupugani: Girl Power||20||21||17|
|Camp Kupugani: What Kupugani can do for you||18.5||19||15.75|
|Submit your Activity!|